DAHLONEGA, Ga. – Two first half goals were enough for the home standing Nighthawks as the UWG soccer team fell to 21st-ranked North Georgia 2-0 in non-conference action at the UNG Soccer Complex on Wednesday night.
How It Happened
- North Georgia scored in the fourth minute of action to take the early lead. Rosie Embley sent in a corner kick that found the head of Asa Thorsen who buried the header for the opening goal.
- UNG’s second goal game on an own goal in the 15th minute.
- West Georgia struggled against the UNG defense getting off just four shots while UNG had 25 in the contest.
- Sophomore Jackie Donaldson made nine saves in the loss.
- The Wolves fall to 4-5-2 overall as they took on their final non-conference opponent on the 2018 schedule.
- North Georgia wins their sixth straight contest, moving the nationally-ranked to 8-1 on the season.
Up Next: West Georgia returns home and to Gulf South Conference play on Sunday afternoon at University Field. The Wolves host rival Valdosta State in a 1 p.m. kickoff.