CARROLLTON, Ga. – West Georgia dominated the stat sheet on Saturday, but couldn’t push across a game-winner as the UWG Soccer team drew 0-0 with Shorter in the regular season finale in Rome, Georgia.
How It Happened
- West Georgia had 28 shots in the game compared to just 10 from the opposition. The Wolves put 13 of those on target with Shorter putting six on frame.
- The Wolves had two corner kicks on the day, but couldn’t convert on the set pieces.
- Both Alexis Lewis and Madison Cobb led the UWG offense with seven shots each.
- Jackie Donaldson made six saves in the draw, bringing her season total to 112.
- The Wolves end the regular season with a 7-8-3 overall record and wrap up Gulf South Conference play with 22 points and a 7-5-1 mark.
- Shorter’s season comes to an end as the Hawks finish at 3-13-2 overall and 1-9-2 in league play.
Up Next: The Wolves will make a return trip to Cleveland, Tennessee on Tuesday, October 30 to take on Lee in the opening round of the Gulf South Conference Tournament for the second-straight season. Kickoff for that game is still to be determined.