CARROLLTON, Ga. – The regular season ended on a sour note for the UWG women’s basketball team with the Wolves falling 76-66 to the Alabama Huntsville Chargers on Thursday night at The Coliseum.
The season will continue on Super Tuesday as the Wolves travel to West Florida for the opening round of the GSC Tournament on Tuesday, March 5.
How It Happened
- UAH scored 25 points in the opening quarter, shooting over 60 percent over the first 10 minutes of the contest. Meanwhile, the UWG offense struggled with five turnovers which the Chargers turned into points on each ensuing possession.
- In the second, UAH cooled off, but unfortunately the Wolves offense also went cold, making just two field goals in the period, and went to the locker room trailing 38-19.
- West Georgia was much more successful in the third quarter, scoring 25 points and holding the Chargers to 19. Taylor Brown’s layup late in the quarter cut the UWG deficit to 10.
- Early in the fourth, UAH got the lead back up to 20, but the Wolves had another run in them, cutting the lead to as little as six with just under two minutes remaining.
- Aysha Harris led the Wolves with 15 points and was second in rebounds with eight.
- Freshman Taylor Brown chipped in with 14 points in the loss while Edley Drawhorn added 12 and Ashley Lee scored 10.
- For the third straight game A’Kia Harris had at least 12 rebounds, and just missed a double-double with nine points.
UWG travels to West Florida next Tuesday for the first round of the GSC Tournament. Tip time is still to be determined.