CARROLLTON, Ga. – An 87th minute goal was enough for the visiting Montevallo Falcons to come away with a win over the UWG soccer team on Sunday afternoon at University Field.
How It Happened
- The Falcons controlled possession for much of the game, and put pressure on the UWG defense, rattling off 12 shots to UWG’s one in the opening half.
- Jackie Donaldson made two saves in the first half, and UWG had one scoring opportunity that was snuffed out by UM’s keeper Annie Mason to send the game to halftime in a scoreless tie.
- The pressure continued in the second half as Montevallo had 13 shots.
- In the 87th minute, a misplay in the defensive third by the Wolves led to a costly turnover which the Falcons converted into the gamewinner as Kristen Chance scored the goal for Montevallo.
- West Georgia now sits at 3-3-1 overall following the loss, and is at .500 in conference play now at 1-1.
- Montevallo improves to 4-1-2 overall and opens GSC play with back-to-back wins.
The Wolves are on the road next weekend, taking on Alabama Huntsville and West Alabama. UWG will be at UAH on Friday night in a 6 p.m. kickoff.