PENSACOLA, Fla. – The West Georgia Wolves soccer team fell 4-0 on Sunday afternoon at the hands of the West Florida Argonauts on the road.
How It Happened
- West Florida got a pair of first half goals, the first coming in the 25th minute as Kaila Armstrong made it 1-0, Argos.
- In the 33rd, the Argos got a second goal, making it 2-0 as Anita Danielsdottir beat Jackie Donaldson for the goal.
- Annie Rolf got the third Argo goal as her 63rd minute score made it 3-0.
- A header from Robyn Herman in the 77th minute accounted for the final UWF goal, and the final 4-0 margin.
- Junior goalkeeper Jackie Donaldson made 14 saves in the loss.
Beyond the Box Score
- With her 14 saves, Donaldson now moves into second place all-time in career goals at UWG. She ended the day with 280 saves and is now 85 saves away from the all-time mark.
- West Georgia falls to 5-8-1 on the year and the Wolves now sit at 3-6 in Gulf South Conference play.
- The Argonauts improve to 10-4 overall and 7-3 in league play.
The Wolves are on the road again next weekend, making the final road trip of the season. UWG will be in Jackson, Tennessee on Friday taking on Union in a 6 p.m. contest.