CARROLLTON, Ga. - A tough night shooting from the field was the difference in the game for West Georgia women's basketball, as the Wolves shot 25 percent from the floor in a 44-42 loss on the road to Auburn-Montgomery. 

The loss drops the Wolves to 12-10 overall on the year and 7-9 against Gulf South Conference competition, while Auburn-Montgomery moves to 4-20 overall and 3-16 in GSC play. Aysha Harris led West Georgia with 17 points in the game. 

In the opening period, the Wolves jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the first three minutes of the contest. The Wolves continued to play well, with Aysha Harris scoring seven of the first 11 points for UWG, including a three-pointer with 22 seconds left in the quarter to give West Georgia an 11-9 lead. As the quarter finished, AUM hit a layup, tying the game at 11 heading to the second quarter. 

That shot was a major momentum shift, as the Warhawks went on a 15-0 run, and with five minutes left in the first half, the Wolves trailed 24-11. West Georgia played solid defense over the final five minutes of the period, going on a 5-0 run to go into the locker room at the break trailing 24-16. Harris led UWG with seven points in the first half and Taylor Brown had five points. 

In the third quarter, the Wolves came back with a 7-2 run, cutting the AUM advantage to 26-23 with just over seven minutes left in the period. Out of the media timeout in the third quarter, West Georgia scored five-straight, cutting the Warhawk lead to just one at 29-28 with 3:23 remaining in the period. Just over a minute later, Kilah Nixon scored her first points of the game, burying a three-pointer and giving the Wolves their first lead since the first quarter at 31-28. AUM closed out the period with a 5-0 run, taking a 33-31 lead into the fourth quarter. 

Over the first six minutes of the final quarter, the Wolves and Warhawks traded baskets in a see-saw battle and heading into the final media timeout, Ashley Lee hit a layup and drew a foul. Lee hit the free-throw after the break, then Harris buried a jumper to push the Wolves back into the lead at 42-41 with 3:15 left in the game. But the Wolves would go cold over the final three minutes, as Auburn-Montgomery took the lead and the victory. 

The Wolves will be back in action on Monday evening in Rome, Ga., taking on the Shorter Hawks in more Gulf South Conference action.