CLEVELAND, Tenn. – A valiant effort came up short on Tuesday night as the UWG Soccer team fell 1-0 to the Lee Flames in the quarterfinal round of the GSC Tournament in Cleveland, Tennessee.
How It Happened
- The Wolves and Flames played a scoreless opening half, although the Flames has a 9-1 advantage in shots.
- Right out of the halftime break, the Wolves pressured the Flames’ backline, with Madison Cobb and Sadie Prince creating chances for UWG.
- Lee broke through with a header from Kate Carney in the 72nd minute that proved to be the game winner.
- Jackie Donaldson made nine saves in the loss.
Beyond the Box Score
- Donaldson ends her sophomore season breaking the single-season records in save percentage and goals against average.
- Katie Mitchell ended her career with 21 assists and tied for the all-time career record.