CARROLLTON, Ga. – The opening road trip of the season ended with a tough 1-0 loss at the hands of Barry on Sunday afternoon in Winter Park, Florida, as the UWG soccer team took on the Bucs on a neutral pitch at Rollins University.
How it Happened
- The Wolves and Bucs played a scoreless first half, with Jackie Donaldson stopping four shots in the opening 45 minutes.
- Barry got on the board with a hard strike in the top corner off the foot of Christy Grimshaw in the 78th minute that proved to be the game winner.
- Donaldson finished the game with five saves in six chances.
- West Georgia got three shots off on the Barry defense, with two of those coming from senior Katie Mitchell.
Beyond the Box Score
- Donaldson moved up to sixth all-time in saves over the weekend. The sophomore had 11 in the two matches this weeekend, and now has 81 saves in her career.
Up Next: The Wolves remain on the road next weekend, making a trip to Milledgeville to take on Clayton State on a neutral pitch at Georgia College on Friday, September 7 at 5 p.m. The Wolves then take on Georgia College on that same pitch on Sunday at 3 p.m.