LIVINGSTON, Ala. – The UWG soccer team wrapped up a road weekend with a 3-0 loss at the hands of the West Alabama Tigers on Sunday afternoon at Tiger Stadium in Livingston, Alabama.
How It Happened
- West Georgia fought off a tough Tiger attack for much of the first half, but Anele Komani finally broke through in the 42nd minute as she made it 1-0 Tigers.
- The Tigers scored a pair of goals in the second half with Brianna Forest scoring to make it 2-0 in the 76th minute.
- With less than five to play, UWA made it 3-0 with a TeMia Pride goal in the 86th minute.
- West Alabama outshot the Wolves 18-8 in the contest. The Wolves managed just two shots on target against the Tiger defense.
- Jackie Donaldson made 11 saves in the loss.
- The Wolves are back to 4-4-1 overall with the loss, and drop back to .500 in Gulf South Conference play at 2-2.
- West Alabama improves to 5-3-0 overall and now sits at 3-1 in league play.
The Wolves have seven days until their next contest when UWG travels south to take on rival Valdosta State. Kickoff for that game is set for 1 p.m. in Valdosta on Sunday, October 13.