CARROLLTON, Ga. - The West Georgia Wolves came up short on Saturday afternoon in Alabama, losing 9-0 to the Montevallo Falcons in Gulf South Conference women's tennis action.
The Wolves had the best showing of the day in doubles action on Saturday, with No. 2 doubles squad Shelby Brown and Sara Watson falling by an 8-5 count to Allie Whitley and Emily Beatty. In No. 3 doubles, the Falcons' Dorotea Hanzek and Amanda Gautreaux took down Meg Cummings and Bailey McCammon 8-4. In No. 1 doubles, Brooke Kane and Gabby Chanthaphaeng lost 8-1.
West Georgia fell in straight sets in all six singles flights on the afternoon, with Brown picking up the most games in No. 4 singles against Hanzek, falling 6-0 and 6-4.
The Wolves were originally scheduled to play Olivet Nazarene on Monday, but that match has since been cancelled. Head coach Michael Coleman and his squad will be back in action on the courts at Sunset Hills on Wednesday at 12:30 p.m., taking on Fort Valley State in non-conference action.
University of Montevallo 9, University of West Georgia 0 Mar 03, 2018 at Montevallo, Ala.
1. Alina Munteanu (UM-W) def. Sara Watson (UWG) 6-0, 6-0
2. Emily Beatty (UM-W) def. Brooke Kane (UWG) 6-0, 6-1
3. Maria Garcia (UM-W) def. Gaby Chanthaphaeng (UWG) 6-0, 6-1
4. Dorotea Hanzek (UM-W) def. Shelby Brown (UWG) 6-0, 6-4
5. Amanda Gautreaux (UM-W) def. Meg Cummings (UWG) 6-2, 6-1